Girls on the Run Greater Tampa Bay is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running. Our program creates a safe place for girls to grow in confidence and strengthen their self-worth through an introduction to identifying and processing emotions, goal setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event.
Girls on the Run is dedicated to being an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible organization. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Our council currently serves 1,300+ girls across Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota Counties.
The Executive Director for the Tampa Bay area chapter will work with community leaders, schools and school systems, non-profit partners, families and girls, and volunteers to create significant impact in our community. The ideal candidate will have a passion for youth, experience in fundraising and grant writing, business acumen and will have successfully managed community impact programs, including evaluation and measurement.
Principle responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Strategic Planning
- Provide strategic direction and leadership of the overall program through careful implementation and continuation of the Strategic Plan.
- Develop a comprehensive council growth plan that reflects creative program and site development strategies with an intentional focus on growing access and diversifying communities served.
- Collaborate with the Board to identify and plan for infrastructure growth parallel to growth of the program.
- Fund Development
- Develop sustainable revenue plan with a focus on grant writing and individual donor development and stewardship to exceed $350,000 annually.
- Develop and sustain sponsorship relationships with local, corporate and national partners.
- Serve as ambassador to raise awareness by building and maintaining relationships with local media, service groups, corporate groups, fitness organizations, etc.
- Staff and Volunteer Leadership
- Provide direction, oversight and professional development opportunities for the Program and Fundraising staff, as well as leadership to the volunteer coaches, and committee leadership.
- Develop coach recruitment and retention efforts that result in coaches representing the diversity of girls served.
- Cultivate and steward key relationships with community organizations and site liaisons, coaches, parents, participants and volunteers.
- Maintain strong relationship with the Board of Directors and Girls on the Run International.
- Operational Administration
- Manage the organization with a business mindset by establishing and implementing efficient systems and strategies.
- With the Finance Committee, execute all financial, operational and programmatic reports to Girls on the Run International and to state and local funding agencies in a timely manner.
- Leverage data to monitor GOTR Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and track progress toward meeting organizational goals.
- Build Community Presence
- Oversee special events planning and execution such as the Season-End 5k events, virtual summits, etc.
- Ensure community engagement and communication is consistent with the GOTR brand and core values.
To support your success, you can expect:
- The opportunity to work with an engaged and motivated Board that works hard and proactively raises funds in partnership with staff.
- Strong support from Girls on the Run International providing programming support and resources.
- A small but mighty staff who are passionate about working together to fulfill the mission and have fun along the way.
- Respect for work-life balance. You will work hard, but we respect your need to recharge your batteries.
- A comprehensive benefit package, including generous PTO.
- BA/BS or comparable work experience, with 5-7 years of demonstrated executive leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit community impact environment.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, grant writing, setting and managing budgets, and financial forecasting.
- Passion for the Girls on the Run mission and comfortability delivering presentations to large groups.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues surrounding girl empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health.
- Strong technological proficiency to navigate an array of web-based software
- Must be available nights and weekends as needed for GOTR events, funding opportunities and ambassador engagements.
- Readiness to embrace the work of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access.
- Reliable transportation.
- A flexible and adaptable team-player with a sense of humor.
This is a full-time position based in the Tampa Bay area. The position allows for flexible remote work; however, the candidate must be locally based to provide hands on leadership and support to our community.
- Frequent local travel with periodic out-of-state travel
- Ongoing in-person and virtual interactions in community
- Frequent interaction with external stakeholders
- High speed internet access required to access systems
This position is offering a salary of $50,000-$60,000 annually, depending on experience. In addition, Girls on the Run offers a generous PTO plan, a benefits package including company-subsidized medical and dental, vision coverage, life insurance, and paid medical leave and a 401k plan with employer match.