Job Title: Director, Individual Giving
Reports To: Vice President Partnerships and Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
At Girls on the Run, our core values guide our way, and we stand firm in our long-standing commitment to building a world where every person can know and activate their limitless potential. We are committed to leveraging our intellectual, financial, and human resources to advance strategies to be inclusive, equitable and accessible to all. Our headquarters and councils are working to bring diverse voices to the table as we know that unique perspectives strengthen our organization. In a recent third-party work culture survey, Girls in the Run was described by its employees as collaborative, joyful, hardworking, caring, fast-paced and quality-focused.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Partnerships and Development, and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the Director of Individual Giving is responsible for designing, implementing and measuring an organization-wide individual giving and stewardship strategy that advances relationships and ensures the attainment of contributed income goals. This position plays an integral role in growing a culture of philanthropy within the organization and uses strategy, research and reporting to cultivate and steward all donor levels. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, managing various projects at once with autonomy, while maintaining a clear view of how each advances the organization’s mission.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Strategy and Planning:
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Create and execute strategic plans for donor acquisition across all levels. Cultivate new and steward existing donors, oversee and execute the annual giving and monthly donor program, implement direct mail and email appeals.
- Develop a range of impactful and engaging donor-centric giving opportunities including annual fund, monthly, mid-level and major giving programs.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Marketing and Communications teams, to create and deliver multi-channel (print, email, web, social media, phone) fundraising and donor communication campaigns, including donor solicitations, end-of-year giving campaigns, impact reports and more.
- Serve as a lead on any future fundraising events, overseeing logistics and revenue generating activities, including creating budgets, securing and coordinating speakers and vendors, and collaborating with internal teams.
- Stay current on giving best practices and maximize use of data and other resources to make strategic recommendations and implementations.
Stewardship and Cultivation:
- Develop and oversee donor stewardship strategies to increase donor retention and growth of gifts.
- Make personal calls to cultivate, solicit and steward donors, and as donor gifts grow, personal visits to meet and relationship build.
- Analyze donor data in Salesforce, including tracking and reporting on acquisition, upgrade, and retention rates and use findings to adapt future strategies, appeals and campaigns.
- Ensure timely and impactful gift acknowledgements through automation, internal support and external vendors.
- Manage and expand the workplace giving program.
- Maintain organizational updates on charity watch websites, ensuring accurate ranking, and corporate Matching Gift platforms.
- Develop and update individual giving and donor retention resources for Girls on the Run International (GOTRI), the Board and councils including but not limited to End of Year Giving.
- Support and steward peer-to-peer fundraisers for GOTRI to generate revenue and increase retention.
- Oversee locally directed website donation quarterly communications and assist with pass through funding council communications.
- Provide exceptional customer service to councils with individual giving needs.
- Provide monthly individual giving data and other reports to VP, P&D and CEO as needed.
- Work closely with CEO and VP of Partnerships and Development on annual Board of Directors peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.
- Serve as a Girls on the Run role model, exhibiting Girls on the Run (GOTR) core values and working to help achieve the mission.
- Develop positive relationships with staff, council members, donors, and board members.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Vice President of Partnerships and Development
- Eight or more years of non-profit experience with four or more years specifically focused on fundraising, individual giving, annual fund, or donor relations.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to utilize data to create effective fund development approaches.
- Proven history of success fundraising in a similar model and environment.
- Strong ability with and appreciation for collaboration in a dynamic organizational model; a team player excited and willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in as needed for the good of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships with internal and external audiences, listen, inspire, motivate and leverage those relationships to cultivate additional opportunities.
- Highly organized and proactive, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and deliver within deadlines.
- Successful history of strategic thinking, proposal development, presenting and experience closing large commitments.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent follow-up and follow-through.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail and project management skills.
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
This is a remote, exempt, full-time position at 40 hours per week, offering a compensation range of $70,000-80,000 depending on experience. In addition, Girls on the Run International is proud to offer a generous PTO plan, a comprehensive benefits package including company-subsidized medical and dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave and a 401K with an employer match.